Request a FREE Quote Now
Trusted Local & Long Distance Movers in San Diego
Are you planning a local or long distance move? Every move is a big deal, but at Move Central, we understand that relocating to a different state comes with its own host of stresses and obstacles. Not only are you packing up your whole home and life to move somewhere that’s likely completely new to you, but you’re trusting a San Diego movers company to safely transport your precious belongings hundreds of miles.
The leader among long distance moving companies in San Diego
Hiring reliable and professional local or interstate movers can help eliminate a great deal of hassle from the relocation process, whether you’re moving to San Diego or moving out of California. Move Central is one of the few long distance moving companies that is licensed and bonded for moves both throughout the state and across state lines.
We offer multiple options for long-distance moving, and all our interstate moving services come with flat rates you can count on. Plus, we hire only the best San Diego long distance and local movers to ensure that your belongings are safe and well-cared for from start to finish.
Your Move: Your Choice | The Best Cross Country Movers
All of Move Central’s long distance moves start with a flat rate quote, so you never have to worry about hidden fees or extra costs piling up on moving day. Additionally, we include packing and unpacking services for our long distance customers in San Diego. This helps ensure that your belongings are properly packed in the highest quality moving boxes, so they arrive at your new home damage-free, no matter how long we’re on the road.
We are the long distance movers with the best rates around
Move Central offers two options for long distance moves, to help customers relocate cross country with any budget. For folks who want their belongings driven alone, we have dedicated trucks, which offer multiple benefits.
First, there’s no chance for your belongings to get mixed with someone else’s. Your belongings are never transferred from truck to truck on the road, and there’s much less wait time when you use a dedicated truck.
Depend on the best interstate movers in San Diego
If you’re looking to spend less on your long distance move, we also offer shared trucks at discounted prices. For our shared truck customers, we utilize inventory lists and barricades to separate the loads being carried, keeping customers’ items from mixing and ensuring that you receive all your belongings properly in your new home.
No matter which option you choose, you’ll always get the same professional service from our highly trained, courteous, and prompt San Diego interstate movers.
Move Central is an AMSA Certified ProMover
The AMSA (American Moving & Storage Association) allows only a select few cross country moving companies to become certified as ProMovers. Being a ProMover means that we abide 100% to all federal regulations as well as the American Moving and Storage Association’s Code of Ethics. Our commitment to professional, ethical business practice and quality customer service has made this all possible.
What is considered long distance moving?
While different San Diego long distance moving companies may define this type of moving differently, a long distance move typically refers to a relocation that crosses over 100 miles within one state or across state lines.
For instance, moving from San Diego to San Francisco or Phoenix would be considered long distance by all accounts. Similarly, if you live in San Diego and plan on moving to Santa Barbara or L.A., this would also be a long distance move as the two cities have more than 100 miles in between.
What else does a long distance move bring?
Distance is not the only factor that differentiates long distance moves from their local counterparts. A long distance move will also require more thorough and time-consuming preparation, and will be priced differently than a local move would be.
As one of the best long distance and local residential moving companies in the San Diego area, Move Central offers premium quality moving services at flat rates that hide no additional costs. With us, you will know exactly how we determined your long distance moving cost, and won’t have to worry about any hidden expenses cropping up.
How do long distance moves work?
There’s a lot that goes into planning and executing a long distance move. In fact, in most cases, an interstate relocation would be far too difficult to perform without the help of experienced long distance or cross country house movers in San Diego. At Move Central, we approach each move with undivided attention and care. Moving with us includes:
- Getting a flat rate quote: each long-distance move begins with a transparent estimate based on the total distance that needs to be traveled as well as the number of possessions that need to be transported.
- Packing and unpacking services: to make your move even easier, we can also pack your belongings in secure moving boxes and transport them damage-free to your new residence.
- Dedicated trackable trucks for your belongings: if you decide to have us move your belongings separately from anyone else’s, we will transport them to your new home safely, eliminating the possibility of your possessions getting mixed up.
- A shared-truck option: we also offer discounted prices for shared truck clients. If you choose this option, we will separate your items using barricades and rely on inventory lists to make sure that all of your possessions arrive at your new home safely.
If you live in San Diego and plan on moving to Santa Barbara, L.A., Phoenix, Las Vegas or any other location, you should choose your long distance moving company carefully. One good indication of reliable interstate movers is a ProMovers certification from the American Moving & Storage Association.
As AMSA-certified movers, we follow all federal regulations and ethical practices when performing long distance moves, offering a high level of reliability, security, and service quality to our clients.
How do I prepare for a local or interstate move?
Packing up all of your possessions and moving to a different state is a challenging endeavor. If you’ve decided to take this step, you probably already know that this type of move brings a whole host of decisions you have to make before the moving day arrives. Hopefully, the following tips will help you eliminate some of the stress from your relocation:
- It’s never too early to start planning: the earlier you start, the more time you’ll have to compare long distance movers reviews, figure out the timeline for packing, and determine which items you wish to move and which ones to leave behind.
- Do your research: before the moving day arrives, you should research the location you’ll be relocating to, as this will help you remove some of the uncertainty that long distance moving entails.
- Choose the right company: picking experienced San Diego moving professionals, whether they are local or interstate long distance house movers, can go a long way towards making the process easier. And if you need the help of professional safe movers, make sure to check if the company offers that kind of service before hiring.
- Think about the timeline: organizing your time efficiently is one of the best ways to perform a successful interstate move. For instance, you should try to plan in advance how and when you’ll declutter your home, pack your belongings, and disassemble your furniture.
- Hold on to valuable items: if you have any precious possessions that you wouldn’t want broken, consider transporting them in the car or plane with you. It’s a good idea to have a dedicated suitcase for your favorite items.
How do I make long distance move easier?
Are you moving from San Diego to Phoenix, or moving into the San Diego area from another state? If you’re dreading the day of your long distance move, we have just what you need. Try the following tips for a successful intrastate or interstate move:
- Get estimates from multiple cross country moving companies
- Consider leaving some of your belongings behind
- Plan the placement of furniture in your new home
- Update all your important documents
- Check if all your belongings are packed before your movers leave
- Pack fragile items carefully, using paper or bubble wrap
- Label your items with your name as an extra precaution
How to find reliable San Diego movers?
When searching for local or interstate moving companies near you, you should take your time to explore your options and find trustworthy pro movers who will transport your belongings with the utmost care, whether you’re relocating from San Diego to San Francisco, or moving to Las Vegas or Los Angeles. Unfortunately, not all local or long distance house movers are what they claim to be, so make sure not to rush things when picking the professionals for your move.
At Move Central, we strive to be as upfront and transparent with our customers as possible when rendering our moving services in San Diego and the area. We offer a flat-rate pricing system and take all steps necessary to ensure the safety of your belongings. We understand that you may have concerns about the state of your precious possessions, especially if you’re moving out of state.
To ensure your safety, we only work with trustworthy drivers and transport your valued items in routinely maintained and serviced vehicles. What’s more, we will never transfer your items from truck to truck on the road, which removes any chances of your belongings getting lost or mixed up.
What to look for in a local or long distance moving company?
Relying on just any local movers or searching for “the best long distance moving company near me” online and picking the first option that pops up is not enough if you want to ensure a successful move. Here are some questions you should ask when researching San Diego long distance moving companies for your local or out of state move, whether you’re relocating to Las Vegas, Phoenix, or any other location:
- Are your movers licensed and bonded? Your long distance moving company should be able to provide proof that they have all the necessary licenses and insurance.
- Are your movers experienced? Whether local or long distance, moving is a challenging job that requires quite a bit of skill and experience, so make sure to choose seasoned interstate movers.
- Are your rates fully transparent? Make sure to ask your San Diego mover to give you a detailed quote and double check to make sure that all expenses are included.
How should I pack for a long distance move?
The more belongings you plan to move into your new home, the more challenging and expensive your long distance move will be. That is why you should try downsizing your belongings before hiring San Diego’s trusted moving professionals. Here’s what you can do:
- Sell your belongings online or organize a garage sale
- Give some of your possessions to family and friends
- Give items you don’t need to charity
What should you not move long distance?
Not all items are suitable for long distance transportation. If you’ve already picked the best San Diego movers, know that they may not be willing to transport some of the following items:
- Hazardous and explosive materials
- Flammable materials
- Valuables (documents, cash, jewelry, etc)
- Corrosive items
If you aren’t sure which items can and cannot be transported to your new home, don’t hesitate to reach out to Move Central. Our customer service staff will gladly assist you in all things moving-related.
How much to tip local and long distance movers in San Diego?
While most local and long distance moving companies don’t require tips, you are definitely welcome to show your appreciation if you’ve found trustworthy and hardworking professionals near you in San Diego.
If your movers have been friendly and dependable, and you’re satisfied with their work, tipping them is surely a good idea. Exactly how much you decide to tip is entirely up to you!
What is the best moving company for local and long distance moves in San Diego and the area?
Looking for a mover in San Diego? Move Central can help you whether you’re planning a local move or moving to L.A. or moving from San Francisco to San Diego, offering dependable moving services that ensure the safety of your belongings from start to finish. Our knowledgeable drivers have years of experience in handling fragile items, and use floor runners, blankets, and dollies to keep your items safe and intact throughout the move.
If you’re looking for the best interstate and local moving companies to relocate from San Diego to San Francisco, or need help moving to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, or any other location, Move Central is the obvious choice. You can visit us in our office near Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, give us a call, or get your detailed quote online using our estimate form. Turn to one of the most reputable moving companies in San Diego – reach out to us today!
Moves Within California –
California Intrastate Moves
For over a decade Move Central has been moving customers to and from San Diego to anywhere within California.
Our most common intrastate moving routes include:
San Diego to/from Riverside County
Distance from San Diego to Riverside County – 100 Miles
San Diego to/from Sacramento
Distance from San Diego to Sacramento – 500 Miles
Moves Out of California –
We regularly perform interstate long distance moves from San Diego to anywhere in the U.S.
Our most common interstate moving routes include:
Tips for Moving Cross Country
Moving long distance, especially to a new city or state, can be very stressful. One way to ensure your peace of mind is by making sure you have your moving plan in order ahead of time. Here are a few of our tips for making your long distance move easy and stress-free.
- Lock in your price. Budgeting your move is a huge stressor, so eliminate your worries by choosing a moving company that offers flat-rate long-distance moving.
- Check your calendar. Long distance moves require planning ahead, so make sure to schedule your moving day at least a month in advance to ensure your moving company is available and ready for you to help you relocate.
- Check the specific long distance movers reviews – choose the right movers. The best thing you can do to ensure a stress-free move is pick the right moving company. Move Central’s excellent customer service has earned us hundreds of five-star reviews on Yelp and Google, so let us handle the heavy lifting while you focus on your new home. Move Central is one of California’s highest rated interstate moving companies.
Started out as not the best experience, but the owner Stan stepped in and rectified all the of issues. Nice to see he stands by his business and its reputation. I will use them again and would confidently recommend them to anyone moving!Julie Anderson2 years ago
I've had the pleasure of contracting Move Central for several moves now. Each time they have been consistent with providing professional services, conscientious & polite movers, clean trucks & an enjoyable experience. I have been happy to refer them to my clients, as well as friends/family. This is the type... read moreTugg S.2 years ago
Martin, Isaac, and Eddie were the best movers I've ever had. We were their second job for the day and they had to have been exhausted, but were so efficient. I used to be a travel nurse and have moved several times in my past and have dealt with many... read moreKelsey M.2 years ago
The crew I had today with my delivery Frank and Adam not only did they call me 1 hour before arrival as requested, they unloaded my belongings with care and consideration. They work well together and even scoped the BEST method to use before touching anything.. THEY ROCK.. will definitely... read moreRaven S.2 years ago
Wonderful experience with this company! My wife and I recently moved from San Diego to the Bay Area. The Move Central management team and movers were amazing. They were very courteous and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with their services. My wife is 7 months... read moreBryan T.2 years ago
I don't even know where to begin. Wanted to say thanks to Manny, Jaime, and Isaac (sorry if I butchered any of your names) first of all. These guys did an amazing job on one of the hottest days and they did all while laughing and joking around with us.... read moreJoshua K.2 years ago
We hired Move Central for our multi-state move after we got many quotes, they were reasonable, honest, and best of all our belongings were in their own truck. From beginning to end the experience was fabulous..the packing crew was friendly, careful, and respectful. Our belongings made it safely to our... read moreLeah R.2 years ago
Very professional service! Kelly and Anthony arrived on time and worked their ways through two large rooms very quickly. They asked the right types of questions regarding boxing like items together and got the job done. Very friendly also I must add! Will certainly be using this service again!Clifton K.2 years ago
I had always moved on my own or with the help of friends but to be honest this time I hired movers and they were real polite, friendly and attentive to my specific needs. They made it easy and time efficient to complete my move. Great service thank you again.... read moreWilliam Vazquez2 years ago
I have used Move Central twice so far. I highly recommend them for any move in San Diego.My family recently moved our small 3 bedroom home into a larger space and the Move Central team was on POINT! There's usually a lot of stress involved with moving, but the 4-man... read moreJef Latimer2 years ago
We called last minute to schedule a urgent move and they were on it! They showed up with 6 guys and packed our entire house wrapped and packed everything as we wanted. Even drove between houses and storage unit in a different city for us! They were awesome. I would... read moreLauren Frye3 years ago