The Ins and Outs of Professional Packing Services
Moving is a stressful, time-consuming experience. You’re saying goodbye to your previous home, neighborhood, and maybe even city, starting a new life in an unfamiliar area, and dealing with a million little tasks.
Of all the things involved in pulling off a smooth move, nothing is as tiring and as time-consuming as having to carefully pack and unpack all your belongings. Many homeowners opt to skip this step entirely by outsourcing it to professional packing services in San Diego.
But why is this so? What are the advantages of hiring packers and movers instead of doing it yourself, and how much does this type of service cost? We’ll be answering these questions in the following article. Read on.
Is it worth paying for packing when moving?
Although it may not be immediately apparent, packing and unpacking services save you a lot of time and energy in the long run. The average American usually takes days or even weeks to pack everything, while professional packers are able to pack up most homes in less than a day.
Regular homeowners often take up to six months to unpack all of their belongings after a move, whereas the pros can frequently get it done in 12 hours or less. This convenience alone makes hiring movers and packers more than worth it.
Professional movers also know which moving supplies to use and how to pack your belongings to keep them safe even during very long trips. They will also go out of their way to use reusable boxes that are more cost-effective for you and less harmful for the environment.
How much will packers and movers cost?
No two homes or workplaces are quite the same, and as a result, no two moves can be priced quite the same either. Your moving company of choice will calculate your final quote based on multiple factors as well as any additional services requested.
Major factors to consider include:
- Size of your home or workplace. The more rooms you have, the more stuff there will be for the movers to pack up and load into their trucks.
- Total weight of your possessions can make a difference in how much your moving boxes cost. For instance, if you have a book collection, the movers are going to need more small, heavy-duty boxes.
- Whether unpacking is included. Unpacking is an additional service that needs to be specifically requested and included in the total price of the move.
- Distance. Moving to another state or country naturally costs more than if you were moving to a different neighborhood in the same city.
- Type of furniture you have. Packing a couch is a lot easier than packing a piano. Specialty items such as glassware or antiques can also be significantly harder to pack than other belongings, so the packing will naturally take longer and cost more.
- Packing supplies. If you opt to have the movers bring their own moving boxes and other packing supplies, this will be factored into the final quote.
Where can I schedule comprehensive packing services in San Diego?
Looking for an established moving company that can ensure your belongings are packed and transported with utmost care and professionalism? If so, look no further than Move Central. We offer comprehensive residential and commercial moving, storage, and packing services for both local and long-distance moves.
Reach out to us today if you’d like to request a free quote or learn more about the discounts we offer. Our expert moving crew will happily take care of the packing and loading while you take a much-needed break at San Diego’s gorgeous Pacific Beach with your family.