San Diego’s Movers, Move Central’s list of 20 things you should always pack separately when moving. Why? Because even though Move Central, Inc., is one of the most trustworthy moving companies in San Diego, we always recommend that you pack special personal valuables separately and carry them with you in your own vehicle when moving.
There are a few reasons for this: Number one, you will have better access to these items when you reach your destination, and some of these items are frequently needed, so you probably won’t want to dig through a pile of boxes to find them. Number two, you will have better control over the conditions these items travel in, so you can ensure they don’t get too hot or too cold. And number three, most people just feel more comfortable keeping their personal items close by.
Here is a list of 20 things our San Diego movers suggest taking with you in your own vehicle:
- List of important addresses and phone numbers
- Plane and/or event tickets
- Property titles (house, car, boat, etc.)
- Money, credit cards, and checks
- Mobile phones and devices
- Computer hard drive/USB drives
- Photo albums/family portraits
- Personal, medical, and financial files and records
- Safes and lockboxes
- Home videos
- Data disks
- Insurance information
- Fine jewelry and other small valuables
- Furs and other delicate fabrics
- Car keys/house keys
- Laptops or computers
- Lease agreement or home documents
- Daily medications
- Important work files
- School records
Remember, this list is not all-inclusive, but it will give you a pretty good start when thinking of what items you should pack separately and transport in your personal vehicle when moving. Whether you are moving in San Diego or across the country, we hope this checklist makes your move a great one.