Did you know that preparing your items for storage before the storage company picks them up is just as important as preparing your items for moving? That is because items can get scratched, damaged, or soiled if not prepared properly. In this article, our San Diego relocation specialists at Move Central will take you through a few of the things you definitely need to think about when preparing items for storage.
Preparing for the Storage Company
Scratches can occur on surfaces when items are not properly cleaned and covered before storage. Be sure to dust furniture and remove any dirt or food from appliances before storing. This will keep the debris from rubbing fine lines into these items. You will also want to use moving pads or blankets to protect large furniture or appliances inside the storage vault.
Breakables should be packed into boxes with plenty of packing paper or bubble wrap to insure that they don’t shift. Choose similarly sized boxes that can be stacked, and ensure that the boxes are packed full so they don’t become crushed.
Mold and Mildew
Dry all surfaces, especially the insides of appliances, so they don’t retain moisture. Letting them air dry for a day or so before the movers come is a good idea.
Though our storage company provides a clean, dry warehouse for your items, there is always the possibility of humidity rising inside your vault. For this reason, we suggest protecting any tools that will be in long-term storage by rubbing a few drops of oil on them. You will then want to ensure that these items are properly wrapped or stored separately from other items so the oil does not transfer.
To find out more about how our San Diego storage company can help with your storage needs, contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
Negotiating moving rates effectively will save you some money and potential headaches. While many people may think that searching Google for “cheap movers San Diego,” is the first step, the fact is that most people don’t want “cheap moving companies”, what they want is an affordable moving company with professional movers and storage capabilities.
If you are looking for a great rate, we have a few tips for getting one with a San Diego residential moving company. Feel free to use any of these on us when you call Move Central Inc. for your long distance or local San Diego moving quote.
Negotiating Moving Rates
• Get Several Quotes—The best way to get a good rate is to get several quotes and compare them. Be sure to see what is included in the price you have been given.
• Keep an Eye Out for Specials—If you don’t have a time limit on moving, look out for specials from local moving companies. These could save you hundreds.
• Move in the off Season—If you move during the winter, when fewer people move, you may be able to ask for a discount, and get it!
• Pit Competitors Against Each Other—If you have several quotes, you may be able to get your preferred company to come down on their price by showing them what a local competitor quoted you. You may have to be flexible on your move dates, but this could save you money.
Get started on negotiating your moving rate with a FREE quote from Move Central Inc., home of the affordable moving services in San Diego, California.
Affordable Moving Tips: How To Move On The Cheap
Move Central’s affordable moving tips can save you anywhere from a few bucks to hundreds of dollars on your next move. The long distance movers at Move Central of San Diego, California know that many people are on a budget when moving in San Diego or out of the state. Follow these affordable moving tips to save you money and peace of mind on your next move:
- Choose a local mover—In many cases, local movers are much cheaper than national ones. This is because local movers do not advertise nationwide like the big guys do. They also may be able to negotiate the price of your move. Finally, local movers often have less overhead because they don’t have to have layers of management or large call centers to pay for.
- Move only what you need—This might be a no-brainer, but it is important for saving money. Take a look at your new space, see what won’t fit anymore, and get rid of it. Cull out old clothes or sporting equipment you don’t use anymore. And, don’t hate us, but get rid of those books. They are often the most expensive thing to move and in most cases are not very valuable or costly to replace.
- Consider getting used boxes and packing supplies— Besides the tape, these items can often be found at retail stores for nothing. You just need a way to carry them home.
- Save from the start-– if you are looking for an affordable move in San Diego check out the movers at Move Central and take advantage of their FREE moving quotes today!