Tips for Moving Appliances
Many people don’t realize how much care and work should go into getting your appliances ready for moving. Besides that, moving your household appliances may also require professional help. Move Central has been moving San Diego long enough to know that most people need some tips on preparing their appliances for a move and moving them. That is why we are going to give you the mover’s tips for moving appliances that we use. We will share with you all of the precautions you should be aware of, as well as the special care required for certain items.
When you choose our San Diego moving company, we will be happy to take care of the tedious, backbreaking work of moving your large appliances, transporting them safely, and arranging them in your new home, but we need a little help from you to get your items ready for the move and professionally disconnected.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Cleaning and preparing the appliances for the move
- Disconnecting any appliances you can handle without professional help
- Hiring a certified technician to service and disconnect high voltage or gas appliances or having us hire a third party provider to service your appliances for you
If you hire an appliance technician, they should be experienced in preparing appliances for a move. Any third party provider we hire for you for the purpose of servicing your appliances will understand how to properly get your appliances ready for moving or storage. These services include things like bracing the washer tub, disconnecting the water supply from your ice maker or water dispenser in your fridge, or disconnecting your gas range.
Things to Remember
Some of your large appliances use high voltage or gas hook ups, and you will need a certified technician to disconnect those and hook them up at your new home. Move Central, Inc., movers in San Diego, cannot provide appliance disconnection, servicing, or reinstallation services for these types of appliances.
For this reason, we suggest that you hire, or arrange for us to hire, a technician to service and disconnect your appliances before your move. If we arrange this service for you, we will use third party provider that we know and trust, and we will conveniently add this charge to your final bill.
Our San Diego Movers Cannot Do The Following:
- Provide disconnection or reconnection services for your high-voltage or gas appliances
- Shut off or turn on your utilities
- Provide appliance repair or maintenance
- Provide removal or installation of air conditioners, TVs, satellite dishes, or antennas
- Provide services including carpentry, electrical, or plumbing
If you would like detailed instructions for servicing or preparing specific appliances, please see our other appliance moving pages below.
- Mover’s Tips For Moving Your Dishwasher
- Mover’s Tips For Moving Your Stoves And Ranges
- Mover’s Tips For Moving Refrigerators And Freezers
Move Central movers, San Diego, hopes that these tips will help take some of the guesswork out of moving. And remember, if you need us, we are always here to answer your moving questions.