If you’re a fan of classic tile-matching video games, you’ll probably find some pleasure in piling boxes full of personal belongings on top of one another. However, if you’re in a hurry, under stress, and without adequate equipment and supplies to help you relocate, you’re likely to quickly stop associating this experience with joyful memories.
However, there’s no reason to lose your grip, as it’s highly likely you’ll find a company in your neighborhood that provides moving labor. Why not hire movers to load a truck on your behalf and expedite your relocation in San Diego and the vicinity? Read on to learn how to properly stack up items in the van before you relocate.
Should you load boxes or furniture first?
The rule of thumb is that you start with bulkier and heavier items that are less likely to get damaged in transport. Then proceed to medium sized boxes and then the smaller ones. Boxes containing fragile items should be placed in the middle, to prevent them from falling down. Stack lightweight items on the very top. It’s important that everything is piled up nicely, without too many gaps.
Also, keep in mind the following points before you start stacking boxes:
- Prepare all the boxes and sort the items according to given criteria. After you have grouped them, take them out to the front lot.
- Take apart your furniture. Secure smaller parts and cover sensitive surfaces. Pay attention to sensitive corners and edges. When taken apart, medium sized parts go on top of the bulkier ones.
- Wrap fragile items with additional protective layers (paper or plastic). Post a visible note that the box contains breakable units.
- Wrap mattresses, carpets, and rugs in cling foil. You don’t want to arrive at your new home just to find out that you have to clean them.
- Keep precious belongings and personal documents in a separate bag or box with you at all times.
If you’re still not sure how to properly position furniture and boxes, you have a strong reason to seek professional help. A team of trained and insured professionals should provide you with guidance through the uploading and unpacking process.
How long does it take movers to load a truck?
When you hire professionals, you should expect that they will be able to perform this complex task faster than any untrained individual. How long it will take depends on the following factors:
- Quantity of boxes and furniture
- Size of the team
- Size of the vehicle
- Distance between the house and the vehicle
Typically, two experienced professionals can fill a smaller van in about an hour, a medium sized vehicle in about 2 hours and a larger moving vehicle in 3 hours. It’s wise to check with your local provider to get a more accurate estimate.
How can I hire experienced movers to safely load a truck in San Diego?
Living in San Diego and the surrounding communities gives you many opportunities for relaxation and get-togethers. Why waste precious time on heavy lifting, when you can outsource some relocation tasks to professionals and buy yourself hours of free time? Bring your kids to one of the playgrounds at the ample Kellogg Park or anywhere else along the shoreline and enjoy the day!
Here at Move Central, we can offer support and assistance for each aspect of your transfer and minimize the risk of damaging your belongings. You may book a service that entails only loading/unloading, or can opt for other services as well: preparation, packing, disassembling and assembling furniture, additional storage space, full relocation and some interesting service add-ons.
Call us today to get a transparent quote and schedule the appointment!