It’s no surprise that most Americans rank moving higher than planning a wedding or even getting a divorce when it comes to how stressful it can get. The sheer number of little things you need to worry about can make even the most stoic individual feel nervous.
So how do you make the whole experience less anxiety-inducing? Getting help from one of the top local moving companies in San Diego, CA, is a great way to make your move a lot less stressful, but it’s far from the only thing you can do.
In previous articles, we wrote about the correct moving day etiquette and gave you some pointers on how to effectively pack before a move. Now we’ll reveal 4 tried-and-true ways to keep stress levels to a minimum when moving. Keep reading to learn more.
What makes moving so stressful?
Even if your new place is just a few blocks away from your old one, moving still requires you to uproot your life, alter many of your routines, and get used to a new home that you’re not attached to yet and that will probably seem very alien to you at first.
Things only get harder when you move to a different city or another state. Such huge changes can utterly disrupt your and your loved ones’ lives, lead to family disagreements (for instance, your children may dislike having to switch schools), and cause various other problems.
Here are some reasons why moving is so stressful:
- Family disagreements
- Dealing with damaged or lost belongings
- Moving can be costly
- Real estate issues
- Adjusting to a new neighborhood
- Last minute surprises
How to make moving less stressful?
As with most things in life, preparation is key. One of the worst things you can do is to keep postponing all the little responsibilities associated with your move and then find yourself dealing with all of them at the same time as your big moving day draws closer.
Here are 4 things you can do to make your move less nerve-wracking:
- Write a checklist. Break your move into manageable steps and write them down on your phone or a piece of paper, then check off each item as you go along.
- Ask for help. Don’t be shy to ask friends, family, and even coworkers to lend you a hand with packing your stuff, storing some of it, and moving it.
- Take a breather. By spacing out your responsibilities and organizing them in a way that doesn’t require you to wrestle with all of them at once, you’ll have ample time to kick back and mentally decompress, or make this time less stressful for your kids by taking them to the San Diego Zoo.
- Get professional assistance. First-rate movers can do more than just transport your stuff. They’re also able to pack and unpack your belongings for you, provide you with free boxes, store your items, and provide a number of other services that can greatly simplify your move.
Where can I find premium local moving companies in San Diego, CA?
With the coronavirus crisis still going strong throughout the US, it’s easier than ever to become overwhelmed by all the tiny details involved in your move. Luckily for you, Move Central is here to help.
As the leader among moving companies in San Diego, we boast more than 40,000 successful moves, 97% customer referral rate, and over 1500 positive reviews. Our clients also benefit from perks such as local and long distance move discounts, free packing boxes, and even a month of free storage.
Give us a call today if you’d like to request a quote or learn more about why we’re the best.