Move Central, Inc. moving company in San Diego, wants to make sure that your move is a good move and a safe move. That is why we do not allow certain items, which have the potential to negatively impact our movers or spoil during the move, to be loaded onto our moving trucks.
The following list should be used as a guide for non-allowable items, but if you have any questions about particular items, please contact our San Diego movers, and we will let you know exactly what is permitted, what is not permitted, and what may be permitted with special labeling and packing.
Potentially dangerous items that are not allowed:
- Aerosol bottles or cans
- Cleaners containing ammonia
- Batteries of any kind
- Lighter fluid
- Full oxygen tanks
- Chemistry kits
- Household cleaners
- Photography developing chemicals
- Fertilizers/pesticides/weed killers
- Fire extinguishers
- Pyrotechnic devices
- Gasoline/butane/propane/kerosene/Sterno fuel etc.
- Motor oil
- Chlorine bleach
- Guns (unless unloaded)
- Fire starting devices (matches, ferro rods, lighters)
- Fingernail polish or polish remover
- Solvents, strippers, or paint thinners
- Paint or varnish
- Poisonous chemicals
- Pool cleaning & maintenance products
- Denatured or rubbing alcohol
Perishable items that are not allowed:
- Unpreserved food
- Frozen vegetables, meats, or entrees
- Opened packages or jars of food
- House plants
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Foods that require refrigeration
Please contact our San Diego moving service if you are moving 150 miles or less. If your move will take 24 hours or less, we may allow perishable foods that are packed correctly and don’t require special treatment during the move.